KIDS & TEENS
PACKS & GEAR
DEALS & OFFERS
FAQs - HAZMAT SUIT
1. What is a HazMat suit?
A hazmat suit (hazardous materials suit) is a piece of personal protective gear that consists of an impermeable coverall worn as protection against hazardous materials such as chemicals, particulate matter, and infectious pathogens like bacteria and viruses. Hazmat suit is one of the offerings under Wildcraft PPG (Personal Protective Gear) category.
2. What is HYPASHEILD Hz10k hazmat suit?
Meticulously engineered with a 2-layered laminated Nylon material with 100% sealed seams, HYPASHIELD Hz10k (Hazmat suit) is a reusable personal protection gear for medical professionals working in hazardous and contaminated environments. The suit has been tested and certified for Synthetic Blood Penetration Test and Dry Microbial Penetration Resistance Test.
3. How does the HYPASHEILD Hz10k hazmat suit protect the user?
The 2-layered laminated Nylon material with 100% sealed seams creates a barrier for contagious particles /pathogens. The front of the suit has full-length zipper flap opening and is doubly protected with storm flap (velcro closure).
HYPASHIELD Hz10k is tested and certified for Dry Microbial Penetration Resistance (ISO – 22612:2005) & Synthetic Blood Penetration test (ASTM 1670 standards), thereby preventing from infection / contamination. This suit also prevents Fluid penetration up to 10k mm pressure.
4. Has the HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit been tested and certified?
HYPASHIELD Hz10k is tested and certified as per parameters set by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for Dry Microbial Penetration Resistance (ISO – 22612:2005) & Synthetic Blood Penetration test (ASTM 1670 standards) and certified by Ministry of Textiles Approved Lab (SITRA). The suit has also been tested for Fluid penetration up to 10k mm pressure.
5. Does HYPASHEILD Hz10k suit protects against COVID-19 or Corona virus?
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) recommends Synthetic Blood Penetration Test (ASTM 1670) as a pre-requisite for making Hazmat suit for medical use cases.
HYPASHIELD Hz10k passes these parameters and hence offers 100% protection against COVID-19. HYPASHIELD Hz10k has also been tested and certified for Dry Microbial Penetration Resistance (ISO – 22612:2005) thereby preventing any microbial growth on the suit material.
But along with the right quality Hazmat suit, the user is advised to wear proper gloves, mask, face shield, protective eyewear and shoe covers. It is also important to follow the right method of wearing all protective gear to stay protected.
6. What does the 2-layer protection in fabric consist of and how does it help?
The fabric for HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit is 100% Nylon which gives strength & durability and it has a PVER lamination at the inner side, which acts as fluid & blood protective barrier. The outer layer of the fabric has been treated specially to give Dry Microbial Penetration Resistance.
7. What do you mean by sealed seams and what are its benefits?
Taped Sealed Seams Protection
A taped seam is one where the two edges of the fabric are sewn together, and a protective tape is then applied over the seam. The tape is selected to have similar chemical resistance as the fabric of HYPASHIELD Hz10k. The tape completely covers the seam to provide the highest level of leak resistance and protection.
8. How long will HYPASHILED Hz10k Hazmat suit last? How do I dispose the suit after usage cycle expires?
HYPASHILED Hz10k Hazmat is a reusable suit. It is important to sanitize it after every use. To discard, place the suit in a plastic bag or zip-lock bag. Secure the bag tightly. Place the plastic bag into biomedical waste disposal unit. Properly wash your hands after you remove or dispose the suit.
9. What different sizes are available of this HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit?? How do I check my size?
The current variant is available in only one size (free size). The suit can be used across sizes and gender.
10. In what colours are these Hazmat suits available?
These suits will come in white or in assorted colours.
11. Where and when should I wear this HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit?
Anyone exposed to infection, high pollution, airborne irritants like dust and mould, are advised to wear the HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit. Doctors, Para-medical staff and cleaner attending the communicable disease patients or bloodborne pathogen. It is also recommended for police and delivery personnel who might get exposed to infected person.
12. Can the HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit be washed? How long can it be used before a wash?
HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit are reusable suits. It is recommended to sterilize the suit every day after using it for 8 hours. It is advised to follow the usage and wash care instructions properly.
13. What should I keep in mind while sterilizing the HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit?
It is recommended to wash the suit in warm water at 60 C with soap or detergent. Do not bleach, tumble dry, iron/steam, dryclean or wring the suit. Use hanger to dry in sun.
14. Is there anything I should be careful about while wearing / using the suit?
Hazmat Suit is a personal protective gear and hence it is very important to follow all precautions listed below:
1. Please completely follow our wearing & removing instructions. Refer user manual.
2. Wash your hand properly with soap before wearing and after removing the suit.
3. Sterilize the suit as per wash care after everyday use.
4. The suit is for individual use ONLY, not to be shared with others.
5. Store the suit in a dry place and away from sunlight.
6. Discard and dispose the suit as per instructions guide.
15. How should we dispose the suit?
Place the suit in a plastic or zip-lock bag. Secure the bag tightly. Place the plastic bag into biomedical waste disposal unit. Properly washed your hands after you remove or dispose the suit.
16. What is the correct way to wear & remove this Hz10k Hazmat suit?
Please refer the user manual at the end of the FAQ.
17. What is the MRP of HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit?
The HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit is priced at Rs 1999/- for a single pack. It includes one Hazmat suit and 1 pair of shoe-cover.
18. Why are HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit not available on Wildcraft website, are they original?
Yes, these are genuine Wildcraft products. Due to delivery constraints, currently these are unavailable for purchase on Wildcraft website. You can know more about them at wildcraft.com/ppg/hazmat-suit.
19. Where are HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit manufactured?
HYPASHIELD Hz10k Hazmat suit are manufactured at Wildcraft factories.