FAQ’s of Wildcraft’s SUPERMASK W95 RESUABLE OUTDOOR RESPIRATOR:
1. WHAT IS A RESPIRATOR?
Anti-Pollution, Dust & Microbe respirators are known as respirators. It is a device worn over the mouth and nose, which helps you to breathe cleaner & healthier air by preventing you from inhaling chemicals, particulate matter, and infectious particles such as bacteria and viruses.
2. CAN’T I USE A CHEAPER / ENTRY LEVEL SURGICAL RESPIRATOR TO PROTECT MYSELF?
Surgical respirators are not designed to filter out particulate matter and other air pollutants. They are meant for medical staff and surgeons and are supposed to be used for medical use cases.
Additionally, surgical respirators are supposed to be used for only a few hours and then disposed correctly (waste segregation and disposal needs to adhere to medical facility standards) and hence are heavily recommended not to be used for commercial purposes. Also, being disposables – surgical respirators per use costs are significantly higher.
3. WHAT IS SUPERMASK W95 RESPIRATOR?
SUPERMASK W95 is a reusable outdoor respirator from Wildcraft. Engineered to protect you with HYPASHIELD 6-layer triple particle filtration system. SUPERMASK W95 outdoor respirator is your perfect outdoor essential!
4. HOW DOES THE SUPERMASK W95 RESPIRATOR FILTER? WHAT DOES THIS RESPIRATOR PROTECT FROM?
The W95 Respirator is certified to protect by ensuring:
1. 95%+ Bacterial Filtration Efficiency pre-wash (BFE) for over 3μm (micron) sized bacteria,
2. 95%+ Particle Filtration Efficiency pre-wash (PFE) for over 0.3μm (micron) size particles and
3. Splash resistance of 160 mmHg.
The W95 Respirator is carefully designed for all weather conditions, & is certified to provide comfort by ensuring:
4. Breathability levels tested at Delta P <= 35Pa/cm²
Safe & comfortable, SUPERMASK W95, reusable outdoor respirator keeps you safe from dangerous microbes, pollutants, dust, particulate matter, smoke from vehicle exhausts, factories, bushfires, etc.
5. WILL IT HELP AGAINST COVID 19?
No respirator can guarantee 100% protection against COVID 19, though due to the fact, that its transmission requires droplets/aerosols which come at manageable micron sizes, the virus’s transmission can be significantly reduced. The SUPERMASK W95 respirator has been certified as per standards set by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) that are tested in Ministry of Textile approved labs. With 95%+ Bacteria filtration efficiency (BFE) for over 3μm (micron) sized bacteria, 95%+ Particle filtration efficiency (PFE) for over 0.3μm (micron) size particles and Splash resistant test on Hydrostatic head test for up to 160 mmHg; the respirators offer exceptional protection & comfort for all of us.
6. WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MICRON & MM (MICROMETRE)?
Both are the same in terms of units of measurement (1*10-6 meter), an SI (international system of units) derived unit of length equalling one millionth of a metre.
The micrometre (SI symbol: μm) also commonly known by the previous name micron.
7. WHAT IS HYPASHIELD 6 LAYER TRIPLE PARTICLE FILTRATION SYSTEM AND WHAT ARE ITS FEATURES AND BENEFITS?
HYPASHIELD 6-layer Triple Particle Filtration System is a Wildcraft Proprietary design, it comes with 6 layers of protection.
I. OUTER LAYER
a. FIRST LAYER: AIRMESH – Pre filtration layer, Filters Coarser Dust Particles.
II. MID LAYER (FILTER)
a. SECOND LAYER: SPUN BONDED POLY PROPYLENE – Protects from Droplets.
b. THIRD LAYER: MELT BLOWN – Bacteria Filter & Particle Filter
c. FOURTH LAYER: MELT BLOWN – Bacteria Filter & Particle Filter
d. FIFTH LAYER: SPUN BONDED POLY PROPYLENE – Protects from Droplets.
III. INNER LAYER
a. SIXTH LAYER: INTERLOCK FABRIC – Absorbs moisture through wicking, has antibacterial finish & filters residual pollutants, if any.
8. HAS THE RESPIRATOR BEEN TESTED AND CERTIFIED? SHARE DETAILS.
The SUPERMASK W95 respirator has been certified as per standards set by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) that are tested pre-wash in Ministry of Textile approved labs. All Wildcraft Outdoor Protection Respirators deliver exceptionally high levels of protection. The test details are as below:
1) 95%+ Bacteria filtration efficiency pre-wash (BFE) for over 3μm (micron) sized bacteria
2) 95%+ Particle filtration efficiency pre-wash (PFE) for over 0.3μm (micron) size particles
3) Splash resistant test on Hydrostatic head test for up to 160 mmHg
4) Differential pressure test (Delta P) with < 35Pa/c
9. HOW LONG WILL MY RESPIRATOR LAST? WHAT DO I DO IF MY RESPIRATOR IS EXPIRED?
SUPERMASK W95 respirator can be re-used up to 30 gentle hand washes and should be strictly discarded post that, to ensure highest safety standards.
If not opened, respirator is safe to be used till 2 years from the date of manufacturing.
10. WHAT DIFFERENT SIZES ARE AVAILABLE OF THIS RESPIRATOR? HOW DO I CHECK MY SIZE?
This respirator is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium & Large.
The right respirator size is extremely crucial. Your weight can help in picking a respirator of the right size.
Use the guide below to find your fit:
How to Measure:
Measure the height from the bridge of your nose to under the chin and width from middle of one cheekbone to the other.
11. CAN THIS RESPIRATOR BE USED BY KIDS?
Yes. Size Guide needs to be referred for perfect fit. We recommend Size S for kids, teens & people between 20 - 40 kg body weight.
12. WHERE AND WHEN SHOULD I WEAR THIS RESPIRATOR?
Anyone exposed to Infections, High Air Pollution levels, Airborne irritants like Dust and Mould, are advised to wear the SUPERMASK W95 respirator.
This respirator can be worn while stepping out for the below activities:
Always wear face mask when stepping out.
13. CAN THE RESPIRATOR BE WASHED? HOW LONG CAN IT BE USED BEFORE A WASH?
SUPERMASK W95 are reusable respirators and can be washed up to 30 gentle hand washes. It is recommended to wash it after everyday use. It is advised to follow the usage and wash care instructions properly.
14. WHAT SHOULD I KEEP IN MIND WHILE WASHING THE SUPERMASK W95 RESPIRATOR?
Mildly dip and soak respirator after everyday use with warm water. Rinse gently and hang dry in sunlight. Do not wash in washing machine and do not tumble dry. Store in a clean dry place free of dust. Do not store in plastic bag unless fully dried. Place the respirator in a plastic bag or zip-lock bag. You can also store them in a breathable container such as a paper bag between uses.
15. WHAT IS THE CORRECT WAY TO WEAR THIS RESPIRATOR?
1. Wash your hands properly with soap before wearing and after removing the respirator. Hold ear strings by your hands, face the concave side
2. Pull the strings over your ears, cover your nose, mouth & chin with the respirator properly
3. Adjust the bendable 'nose clip' (critical to get the right grip) to avoid ensuring the perfect fit
4. Inner layer should be pushed in to make the concave shape; it should not be pulled out
16. IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHILE WEARING / USING THE RESPIRATOR?
Respirator is a protective gear and hence it is very important to follow all precautions listed below:
1. Wash your hand properly with soap before wearing and after removing the respirator
2. Wash the respirator as per wash care after everyday use
3. The respirator is for individual use ONLY, not to be shared with others to prevent contamination
4. Store the respirator in a dry place and away from sunlight
5. Change the respirator if there is difficulty in breathing
6. Discard and dispose the respirator after 30 washes
17. HOW SHOULD WE REMOVE THE RESPIRATOR?
Gently remove the respirator so as not to disseminate contaminants on the respirator. When removing the respirator, hold the edge of the straps attached to take of the SUPERMASK W95 respirator. Don’t touch the inside part of the respirator. Wash hands properly after removing it. Never put on a new respirator until you have properly washed your hands.
18. WHAT IS THE HYGIENE AND CARE TAKEN WHILE MANUFACTURING AND PACKING THESE RESPIRATORS?
Postproduction every respirator goes through the high temperature steam sterilization process for a duration of 20 seconds. After sterilization, specially assigned & trained packing team packs the respirators with care, wearing respirators and gloves. We put the product in 1-time sealable pack, which can only be opened by Consumer.
19. HOW SHOULD WE DISPOSE THE RESPIRATOR?
After removing the respirator, place the respirator in a plastic bag or zip-lock bag. Secure the bag tightly. Place the plastic bag into garbage can or biomedical waste disposal unit. Wash hands properly after disposing it.
20. WHAT IS THE MRP OF SUPERMASK W95?
The SUPERMASK W95 is priced at Rs 150/- for a single pack.
21. WHY ARE THEY NOT AVAILABLE ON WILDCRAFT WEBSITE, ARE THEY ORIGINAL?
Yes, these are genuine Wildcraft products. Due to delivery constraints, currently these are unavailable for purchase on Wildcraft website. You can know more about them at wildcraft.com/supermasks
22. WHERE ARE THESE MANUFACTURED?
These are 100% MADE IN INDIA at Wildcraft factories across India (in Bangalore, Solan, etc.)