Some people prefer curling up on a rainy day while sipping on a hot cup of tea. If you’re reading this, you’re probably the other half that is ready to step out no matter what. And, monsoon in India essentially means that you have got to be all geared up to brave the torrential rains. This guide should help you get through the season effortlessly.
Rainy Season In India
While the monsoon season is typically from May end to September in India, one can witness showers even during mid-May. The wet soil freshens and the lush greenery is beautiful, but it also calls for fully protective outfits and accessories to help you battle the downpour.
5 Rain Accessories To Have in 2022
Your outfits can vary according to your liking and what suits the weather, but there are some monsoon essentials that are indispensable.
– With the onset of the monsoon season, it is apparent that everyone should have an umbrella in their bags. Fortunately, with technological advancement, you don’t have to carry one of those supersized umbrellas that don’t fit in your bag. There are now small, foldable ones that pack into a pouch and come in handy when it pours outside.
2. Rain Coat
– This waterproof coat is an absolute requisite for those who commute on a regular basis, especially on a two-wheeler because you obviously can’t sit around waiting for the weather to pass on!
Alternatively, you can sport a rain poncho or a rain jacket based on your convenience. Ponchos are super lightweight you can easily pack them in your bags.
3. Waterproof Shoes
– Even during light showers, it’s always safer to sport waterproof shoes or sandals that are also quick-drying. Or, you could go with water-repellent shoes that have well-sealed seams.
Especially if you’re going on a trek or hike, you need fully protective footwear so you can easily go long distances that have several water crossings.
4. Waterproof Bags
– This is one of the simplest ways to make those trips hassle-free. You don’t have to compromise on what you carry when you have a bag that can take it all; even the downpours.
Generally, backpacks made of polyester and canvas would work great as travel or camping bags without adding too much weight.
Plus, we’d advise you to buy a laptop backpack or a school backpack that comes with a good rain cover, so even if it’s a little difficult to find a good waterproof backpack, you can rely on this to shield your essentials from the rain.
5. Waterproof Mobile Covers
– You obviously don’t want to leave your phone behind when you’re going on an adventure. Well, you don’t have to, and you don’t have to worry about it getting wet. You can now get protective covers that are waterproof, and can also keep out dust and dirt. If you want to minimize your travel baggage, you get waterproof sling bags that are so sleek, they can hold your phone and some cash, and that’s it – you can travel at ease.
6. Waterproof Pouches
– If you’re thinking about spending some time in the outdoors and need to stash your money, keys, cosmetics, and probably earphones, you would need a dry pouch that will completely seal out the moisture and you can just strap them to your rucksack or backpack for quick access.
Remember, your performance is not dependent on the weather, but your preparation for the weather.
You are #ReadyForAnything.
1. What are the things used in rainy season?
Some essentials used in the rainy season are: Umbrella, trench coat or rain jacket, waterproof footwear, rain cover, mobile pouches.
2. Which special clothes do we wear in rainy season?
It is better to wear lightweight, quick-drying clothes that are waterproof. People generally prefer to wear hoodies or synthetic T-shirts layered with water-repellent jackets. It is best avoid cotton and denim during this time.
3. How do you dress to stay dry in the rain?
A good waterproof jacket with a hood or a poncho, and waterproof shoes can get your through the monsoon season without allowing the water to get to you. Otherwise, you should opt for more free-flowing clothes like chinos or skirts that can dry easily.